From 2012 to 2017, the prevalence of depression episodes increased from 8.66% to 13.01% among young people aged 12-17. Currently, more than two million young people have severely suffered from depression.
Many Americans are insured, but there is no coverage for psychological problems. The proportion of young people with private insurance who did not cover mental or emotional problems almost doubled, from 4.6% in 2012 to 8.1% in 2017.
The cost of therapy in TN
- The average cost of therapy is between $ 60 and $ 120 per session.
- Most Americans pay between $ 20 and $ 250 an hour, depending on the number of sessions appointed, whether or not they have health insurance coverage.
- There is an checked way to pay for a psychiatrist visit with online payday loans in TN if you have no insurance. It is an efficient, reliable, favorable financial option available for almost 95% of Americans.
- Rates average between $ 20 and $ 50 per session with health insurance coverage.
5 therapy options available in Tennessee
- Sliding scale therapists are psychotherapists, psychologists, and social workers who adjust their hourly pay to make therapy more accessible to the client. Cost: $ 30-80 per session;
- Free mental health or low-income services. Psychiatric clinics employ psychotherapists and psychologists, but they can often expand their services through the use of student psychologists, student mental health counselors and social workers who are supervised by licensed, experienced professionals. Services are often provided free of charge or at a significantly discounted price. Cost: Free;
- Local support groups. Unlike one-to-one therapy, support groups connect you with others who have similar experiences. While individual therapists often avoid direct counseling, support groups allow you to ask other people for opinions. Cost: Free;
- Therapeutic applications. Therapy apps like Talkspace and Betterhelp allow you to communicate with your therapist online or via text. Before signing up for online therapy, people fill out a mental health questionnaire. Based on these results, each new client is matched with a psychotherapist. Cost: Consultation fees are $ 49 per week, while Betterhelp is $ 35 to $ 80 per week;
- Crisis and Suicide Prevention Hotlines. Mental health emergencies such as suicidal thoughts, sexual abuse and domestic violence require immediate mental health care and attention. If these crises arise, hotlines can be called at any time of the day. These hotlines are staffed with trained volunteers and professionals who provide emotional support and can help you. Cost: Free.
- In recent decades, the market has been growing steadily and has the potential for extensive growth, but it is strongly constrained by two interrelated factors – the number of specialists and, as a consequence, the cost of their services.
- All clients who have not passed the financial qualification on the market of psychologists flow away to the pharmaceutical industry.
- The market for psychotherapy with the participation of living specialists is not able to satisfy the problems of people.
In the near future, humans will create technologies with the participation of artificial intelligence and help people get psychological help, or a large rate of our population will be even more dependent on pharmacological means of stabilization.
Tags: depression, mental disabilities, Mental Health